VENUE : DIFFERENT VENUES IN INDIADATE : 05 Feb, 2018 to 26 Feb, 2018
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy, also known as the Ranji One-Day Trophy, was started in 2002-03 as a limited-overs cricket domestic competition involving state teams from the Ranji Trophy plates.
- It is named after the famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare.
- Tamil Nadu have won the trophy five times.
- Tamil Nadu are the defending champions of the trophy who won their 5th title beating Bengal in the finals in 2016-17.
- Altogether 28 teams would compete in this tournament.
- Placed in four groups, teams would first play league matches from Feb 5 to 17.
- Top two finishers from each group would qualify for quarterfinals, which would take place on Feb 21 and 22.
- It would be followed by semifinals on Feb 24 and the final on Feb 26.
- Placed in Group-A, Odisha would play their first match against Railways on Feb 7 at Alur.
Group-A: Odisha, Railways, Punjab, Assam, Karnataka, Baroda and Haryana.
Group-B: Tripura, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Bengal, Kerala.
Group-C: Andhra, Team Rajasthan, Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Goa.
Group-D: Chhattisgarh, Saurashtra, Hyderabad, Services, Jharkhand, Vidarbha, Jammu & Kashmir.
SCHEDULE OF ODISHA MATCHES:
Feb 7: Vs Railways, Alur Cricket Stadium-II, Alur
Feb 8: Vs Punjab, Alur Cricket Stadium-II, Alur
Feb 11: Vs Assam, Just Cricket, Bangalore
Feb 13: Vs Karnataka, Alur Cricket Stadium-II, Alur
Feb 14: Vs Baroda, Alur Cricket Stadium-II, Alur
Feb 16: Vs Haryana, Just Cricket, Bangalore